What Do I Need To Do To Be Baptized?
Community Church has a short process for those wanting to be baptized. The process is as follows:
1. Attend the baptism class (offered three times each year). A person can sign up for this class by doing one of the following:
- call the church office and ask to be signed up,
- email Beth Rock and request to be signed up, or
- mark “Baptism Class” on the back of the Welcome Card (found in your bulletin) next time you attend our weekend service
2. Having taken the class, schedule a time to meet with a pastor to review your faith story. This appointment needs to take place after the class and before the baptism service.
3. Attend the baptism service to be baptized.
As you step into the water to be baptized, you will be introduced and a brief portion of your faith story will be read out loud (by you or, if you prefer, someone else).
Please feel free to invite family and friends to attend. And if you choose to get baptized following our annual business meeting in May, please invite family and friends to attend, not only the baptism service, but even the lunch and business meeting that precedes it.