What is expected of members
At Community Church, our expectations of members are derived from the Bible’s instruction to all believers.
Protect The Unity Of Our Church
- By acting in love toward other members (John 13:35)
- By refusing to gossip (Romans 1:29-32)
- By responding to hurt and conflict God’s way (Matthew 18:15-17)
- By forgiving one another repeatedly (Ephesians 4:32; Matthew 18:21-22)
- By cooperating with leaders (Hebrews 13:7; Romans 13:1-2)
Share The Responsibility Of Our Church
- By praying for it (Ephesians 6:18)
- By inviting our neighbors, friends, and family to attend (Matthew 28:19-20)
- By warmly welcoming those who visit (Romans 16:16)
- By being intentional about my own spiritual growth (1Timothy 4:7; 1 Peter 2:2)
Serve The Ministry Of Our Church
- By discovering my gifts and talents and using them (1 Peter 4:10)
- By becoming equipped to serve (Ephesians 4:12)
- By developing a servant’s heart (Galatians 5:13; Matthew 20:26-28)
- By participating in a small group (Acts 2:46)
Support The Testimony of Our Church
- By attending faithfully (Hebrews 10:25)
- By living a godly life (Colossians 1:10; Ephesians 4:1)
- By giving regularly and generously (1 Corinthians 16:2; 2 Corinthians 9:6-11)
What can be expected from the church
On our side of this two-way commitment, Community Church leaders pledge ourselves to the following:
- That our teaching will be true to God’s Word, the Bible, and free from manipulation and shame.
- That our leaders will be servants and equippers who lead primarily by example.
Healthy Relationship Patterns
- That our environment will be one where sin, weaknesses, and shortcomings can be discussed openly without shame.
- That our attitude will be one of acceptance, regardless of a person’s past.
- That we will encourage people without apology to grow in Christ-likeness in all facets of life.
- That we will respond to disappointment, conflict, and sin in a manner consistent with the Bible.
Scrutinized Financial Practices
- That we will be fiscally responsible and accountable.
- That our financial books will be open for examination (donor information remains confidential).
Reaching Into Our Community
- That we will proclaim the good news of Jesus Christ without apology in our services and through our ministries.
- That we will pursue ministry methods that are relevant in our culture and effective at reaching people.