Welcome to Children’s Ministry at Community Church!
We’re thrilled that you’re checking out what’s available for your kiddos here at Community! We have a thriving Children’s Ministry program that serves close to 100 little ones, from birth through fifth grade, on an average Sunday… And there’s always room for one more!
If you’re visiting with us and haven’t yet filled our bright yellow Info & Consent Form, you can check in your children at our Community Kids Welcome Counter. There, you’ll be helped to complete three simple steps:
- Completely fill in the Visitor Check In Sheet on the counter.
- Fill in duplicate Visitor Name Tags… one for your child to wear and one for you to keep until it’s time to pick him or her up after service. (Red tags for those with allergies/medical concerns, Blue tags for those without.)
- Walk your child to the appropriate nursery or classroom (see listing below) and sign his or her name on the Visitor Dry Erase Board on the counter or table there, also leaving your cell phone number in case of emergency. That’s it! Go ahead and enjoy the service!
Regular attenders who are registered in our system will check into their own classrooms, which are broken down by age and grade level into the following:
- Infant Nursery: providing care for infants from birth until they are steadily walking (sometime around their 1st birthday)
- Toddler Nursery: providing play time care for toddlers until they are ready for more structured lessons (at around 3-years-old)
- Preschool: providing more structured time for preschool-aged children including free play, a Bible lesson, and activities
- 4K: providing free play, Bible lessons, and activities for students who are enrolled in (or eligible to be enrolled in) 4K at school
- K/1: providing free play, large group Bible lesson, and small group discussion time for students in kindergarten & 1st grade
- 2nd/3rd: providing open activity time, large group Bible lesson, and small group discussion time for students in 2nd & 3rd grade
- 4th/5th: providing open activity time, large group Bible lesson, and small group discussion time for students in 4th & 5th grade
- Parenting Room is a cozy place for those who wish to both keep their baby with them and enjoy the service by watching it live on a big screen TV!
PLEASE NOTE: Full programming at all age levels is available during our 9:00am service. Childcare is only available for little ones from birth through kindergarten during our 10:45 service, while older kids are invited to attend “Big Church” alongside their families. The two rooms that are available during that second service are the Toddler Nursery (where infants and toddlers are cared for together) and our Preschool Classroom (where preschoolers through kindergarten 4K kiddos are combined.)
Check out our awesome curriculum!
And for a sneak peek, watch this video!
Need more info or interested in serving?
Please contact us at 922-1477 or email Beth Rock, our Children’s Ministry Director.