Large Group Leader
Large group leaders use The Gospel Project curriculum to teach our large group Bible lessons on Sunday mornings. They can work in any of our four age groups:
- Kindergarten-1st grade
- 2nd-5th grade
Our large group teaching times are when kids learn about Jesus being the central point of each and every Bible story as we head chronologically through the Old and New Testaments, and are taught key Bible concepts and their relevance to their lives. Our creative programming uses The Gospel Project lesson plans and video components to teach content and relevant application in a fun, creative, child-centered way.
- We want each large group teacher to have a stable, growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Large group teachers must believe that the Bible is the inspired, inerrant, authoritative Word of God and that it is relevant for our daily lives
- Large group teachers must have an ability to communicate the Bible in ways that kids at their specific age level can understand and relate to
- Love kids and desire to see them understand and apply the Bible
- Love God’s word and love communicating it to others
- Are willing to act a little crazy OR be serious for the sake of communicating God’s truth to kids!
- Have teaching, storytelling, and/or drama skills (experience is helpful but not necessary)
- All Children’s Ministry volunteers are required to fill out and submit the Children’s Ministry Volunteer Application and undergo careful screening
- All Children’s Ministry volunteers are required to attend the annual fall volunteer training
GIFTS PREFERRED: Teaching, Creative Communication, Hospitality, Shepherding, and/or Leadership
MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED: No–but a Regular Attender working toward membership is preferred
SPIRITUAL MATURITY: Stable/Growing Believer
- Working with The Gospel Project curriculum to produce and lead the large group time – includes preparing the lesson, ensuring that all the people and props are arranged, rehearsing the lesson, etc.
- Communicating any technical or supply related needs to the Children’s Ministry staff
- 8:30am – 10:30am each Sunday morning (except for the “Last Sunday of the Month” when a separate crew leads.) Huddle begins at 8:30, and volunteers must be in their classrooms and nurseries prepared to greet families at 8:45.
- Additional time is required during the week for this position in order to study/prepare/review the lesson (approximately 1-2 hours weekly).
Beth Rock – 922-1477 x 106