Nursery team members provide care and safe play time for infants and toddlers. They ensure that these precious youngsters and their parents have a great first experience with church.
- Love babies and/or toddlers!
- Are 6th grade and older and enjoy caring for little ones
- There are a variety of nursery-specific policies and procedures in place (sickness, diapering, snack, etc.) that volunteers must be familiar with and carefully abide by
- We want each nursery volunteer to be growing in his/her own relationship with Jesus by taking the “next step” (making the decision to follow Him, pray/read the Bible regularly, share Him with others…)
- All Children’s Ministry volunteers are required to fill out and submit the Children’s Ministry Volunteer Application and undergo careful screening
- All Children’s Ministry volunteers are required to attend the annual fall volunteer training
GIFTS PREFERRED: Encouragement, Intercession, Helps, Shepherding, and/or Hospitality
MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED: No
SPIRITUAL MATURITY: New/Young Believer
- Greeting infants and toddlers and their parents and helping them feel welcome
- Ensuring that every child has been appropriately checked into the nursery
- Helping the children play with age-appropriate toys that stimulate learning
- Praying for the children while holding or playing with them
- Providing comfort for crying children
- Changing diapers and administering basic first aid as necessary (adult volunteers only)
8:30 – 10:30 am one Sunday (or more) per month on a scheduled rotation. Huddle begins at 8:30, and volunteers must be in their classrooms and nurseries prepared to greet families at 8:45.
Beth Rock – 922-1477 x 106