Small Group Leader
Small group leaders encourage kids to pursue deeper relationships with Jesus Christ by teaching and modeling what it means to be a Christ-follower. They do this by developing one-on-one relationships with a small “flock” of 6-10 kids. Small group leaders can work with any of our five age groups:
- Kindergarten-1st grade
- 2nd-3rd grade
- 4th-5th grade
Even in Children’s Ministry, our church DNA holds true. We want kiddos to Connect, Grow, Serve, and Repeat. Small groups are the place where children connect, are discipled and cared for and where they experience community with other kids and a trusted adult “shepherd.” We match each small group leader with a group of 6-10 children. Throughout the school year, leaders provide personal care for and nurture the children by developing friendships with them and encouraging them to pursue deepening relationships with Jesus. They lead weekly discussions that help the kids understand and apply the Bible to their lives. Small group leaders play one of the most important roles in our ministry because they provide intentional spiritual nurturing and modeling for individual kids.
- Love children and have a desire to see them become whole-hearted followers of Jesus
- Are good encouragers
- Want to make a difference in kids’ lives by nurturing and caring for them as individuals
- Are willing to lead discussions and activities that help children apply the Bible to their lives
- We want each small group leader to have a stable, growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Ideally, would like Small Group Leaders to commit to serving each weekend (except for the “Last Sunday of the Month” when a separate crew comes in.) When this is impossible, we ask them to serve on a once a month scheduled rotation. We want to provide as much consistency for our kids as possible.
- All Children’s Ministry volunteers are required to fill out and submit the Children’s Ministry Volunteer Application and undergo careful screening
- All Children’s Ministry volunteers are required to attend the annual fall volunteer training
GIFTS PREFERRED: Shepherding, Encouragement, and/or Leadership
MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED: No — but a Regular Attender working toward membership is preferred
SPIRITUAL MATURITY: Stable/Growing Believer
- Developing community with the kids on Sunday mornings (and even outside of church, if possible)
- Intentionally shepherding their 6-10 kids, caring for their growth in all areas of life
- Developing relationships with the kids (and, to an extent, their families) outside of church via notes, phone calls, possibly attending games/recitals, and responding to big events in the child’s life
- Preparing and leading the weekly small group time based on The Gospel Project curriculum
- Creating a safe environment (physically and emotionally) in which community can be developed
- Praying for each child in the small group on a regular basis
- 8:30am – 10:30am each Sunday morning (except for the “Last Sunday of the Month” when a separate crew leads.) Huddle begins at 8:30, and volunteers must be in their classrooms and nurseries prepared to greet families at 8:45.
- Additional time is required during the week for this position in order to review the small group components of the lesson (approximately 1 hour weekly).
- Beth Rock – 922-1477 x 106