Benjamin Miller Scholarship
Community Church is extending an invitation to any graduating high school senior for the
Benjamin Miller Scholarship. Buzz and Alyson Miller along with their families have decided
to initially fund this scholarship in honor of their son, Benjamin Miller, who passed away in
2012 after only 6 weeks of precious life. Though his life was short, Benjamin was incredibly
precious and valued, and God has used the Miller family circumstances to provide
opportunities to share about the hope found in Jesus. This $500.00 scholarship will be
awarded every spring to one individual who submits a 1 page paper addressing any issue
related to the value of life (either birth or through the end of life).
For more details or questions, please contact: Student Ministries Director, Mark Robinson.
(firstname.lastname@example.org) Please email submission to Mark by March 1, 2019. This year’s
scholarship will be awarded by March 20, 2019. The cash benefit will be dispersed upon
completion of one semester’s classes signified by submitting a copy of the transcript.
- Address any issue related to the pro-life movement (either at the beginning of life or at the end of life) and discuss your values, beliefs, and what helped shape them.
- Answer the question: How have your life and values been affected by the issues of life and death? In particular, what has helped you form your belief around the preciousness
of life and how has that belief effected what you plan to do in your life? Where possible, describe any experiences which have intensified your values and beliefs.
- Please keep your paper to no more than 1 page, single spaced, number 12 font.
- There will only be one scholarship awarded per year and a person can only ever be
awarded the Benjamin Miller Scholarship once.
- Deadline for submissions: March 1, 2019
- Committee to meet: March 13, 2019
- Awarded: March 20, 2019
- Acknowledged at church: May 1, 2019
- Dollars dispersed by: January 15th, 2020 upon transcript submission