Luke 1:4-38; Matthew 1:18-25
I. _________ (Luke 1:4-25)
II. ____ (Luke 1:26-38)
III. ______ (Matthew 1:18-25)
1. To learn more about angels click here:
2. How do people misunderstand love? Read 1 John 4:7-11. What does
this passage teach us about God? What does it teach us about people?
What will you do about it?
3. The story of Zechariah and Elizabeth reminds us of Abraham and
Sarah in Genesis 18:10-14. Read this passage. How is it similar to
Zecharaiah and Elizabeth? How is it different?
4. Why do you think Zechariah was disciplined for his question, “How?”
(Luke 1:18-20) and not Mary (Luke 1:34-37)? In what ways are
Zechariah and Mary different? Should Zechariah have had more faith
than Mary? Or certain expectations that Mary did not have?
5. Read 1 Peter 1:10-12 we learn that even angels long to look into
6. Read Matthew 1:18-25. What do we learn about Joseph (what kind
of man is he)? What do we learn about God?
7. Read Matthew 1:23. How do you need God to be with you today?
Three ways to love others this week:
-Love through encouragement
Read 1 Thessalonians 5:11. How are you encouraging others or
building one another up? How can you encourage others this week?
-Love through self-sacrifice
Read 1 John 3:16. Why should we lay down our lives for others?
-Love our enemies
Read Matthew 5:43-44. Do you have enemies? How will you love them
this week? How did Jesus love his enemies in Luke 23:34? Ask the
Holy Spirit to give you strength to love your enemies this week.