- Creating a new class of workers
- Daniel 1.20 And in every matter of wisdom and understanding about which the king inquired of them, he found them ten times better than all the magicians and enchanters that were in all his kingdom.
- Colossians 3.23-24 Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ.
- Your work ethic reflects your faith epic. Your work and faith are integrated and they tell a story
- Daniel 6 — Lion’s den
- What if Daniel’s prayer had not been answered?
- Nineteen years focusing on Muslims, no one came to faith. Waste?
- Three years in Arabian Gulf, five years leading team in Minnesota, six years in Florida, other years preparing, studying, transitioning.
- Twelve Arab students have lived in our home.
- Thousands of conversations with over a thousand Muslims.
AARON and BETH’S STORY
- Met at church in Orlando
- Torture. Escape. Asylum. New Life.
- Obedient. Multiplicative. Exponential growth.
- Arrest. Suffering, near death.
- Explosive growth.
COMMUNITY CHURCH’S STORY
- Community Church raised me in the Lord.
- Has supported me for thirteen years.
- What if they had said at year nineteen of my ministry to Muslims, “You know, David, it’s just not working out. We’re going to move our support elsewhere and withdraw our status as your sending church.”
- You have made a difference. Your prayer is powerful, just like Daniel’s.
- But what hinders prayer?
1 Peter 3.10-12: For Whoever desires to love life and see good days, let him keep his tongue from evil and his lips from speaking deceit; let him turn away from evil and do good; let him seek peace and pursue it. For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and his ears are open to their prayer. But the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.
- An uncommon look at communion
1 Corinthians 11:27-29 Whoever, therefore, eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty concerning the body and blood of the Lord. Let a person examine himself, then, and so eat of the bread and drink of the cup. For anyone who eats and drinks without discerning the body eats and drinks judgment on himself.