Student Ministry Assistant Job Opening
- Assist the Student Ministry Director in the organization and administrative functions for weekly meetings and all major student events.
- To organize and streamline the various responsibilities of the Student Ministry Director.
- The Student Ministry Administrative Assistant Position is for 10 hours a week.
- A follower of Christ, committed to students and our vision of creating a movement of disciples radically committed to loving others for the glory of God.
- A team player, someone who is able to work well with others on a staff team.
- Moderate to high level of computer skill. Able to learn new software with ease.
- Help to choose dates for different events and advertise them
- Make group reservations when necessary
- Create posters, booklets, etc. as needed for events
- Purchase any necessary supplies for the event
- Help with Check-in process for large events (i.e. winter retreat, summer trips)
COORDINATE STUDENT MINISTRY MAILINGS
- Send out post cards, letters and e-mails regarding important events (i.e., the beginning of the school year, special events, SnowBlast, etc.)
- Book air travel for trips when necessary
- Book air travel for incoming speakers/musicians
STUDENT MINISTRY ACCOUNTING
- Keep track of trip payments: transfers from fundraising, support for trips, scholarships, and payments made.
- Request checks from bookkeeper to pay for various aspects of a trip
- Keep track of fundraising monies and request checks from bookkeeper when needed
- Print weekly attendance sheets for youth group(s) and enter new students and information changes into database
STUDENT MINISTRY CALENDAR
- Upon receipt of seasonal calendar information from the Student Ministry director, create a calendar to be posted, printed and sent to families
- Prepare envelopes and birthday cards for the Student Ministry Director to sign to send to students the month of their birthday
- Get weekly announcements regarding Student Ministry to the bulletin designer and to the newsletter for publication.
- Keep the Student Ministry pages updated on the web with calendar information, special events, forms and trip information.
- Update the Community Church Facebook page with necessary information regarding Student Ministry.
- Contact fundraiser companies and co-ordinate sale dates
- Create posters, pamphlets, tickets and sales packets
- Keep track of sellers and packets
- Co-ordinate delivery dates
- Assist at fundraisers and help manage those events
- Reports to the Pastor of Student Ministry at Community Church
Community Church • N6717 Streblow Drive • Fond du Lac WI 549357 • 920-922-1477
Job Description updated: July 2019