I. The Holy Sprit _______ (v. 1-4)
A. _______ (v. 1-2)
B. _______ (v. 3-4)
II. Everything _______ (v 5-12)
A. The Jews are _______ (v. 5-12)
B. Babel is _______ (v. 9-12)
C. Some _______ (v. 13)
- Read Acts 2:2. What sound did the disciples hear? Read Ezekiel
37:1-14. In what way is Acts 2:2 a fulfillment of God’s promise in Ez.
- Read Acts 2:3. What was above each of the disciples? Fire indicated
the presence of God in the Old Testament and would often cause fear.
Do you think the disciples were afraid? Why or why not?
- What did the disciples do when they were “filled with the Spirit” (v.
4)? Have you ever seen someone speak in tongues? Take time to read
these two articles:
After reading the articles which position seems to line up better with
- What was the response of the Jews who heard the disciples speaking
in tongues (v. 6-8)? Why were they so amazed?
- In what ways is the Day of Pentecost the reversal of the Tower of
Babel (Gen. 11:1-9)?
- What changed on the Day of Pentecost?
- How did some respond to this miracle (see v. 13)? Why do you think
they sneered and accused them of being drunk?
- How does the Holy Spirit give you power? Read Zechariah 4:6. What
does this passage say about the power of the Holy Spirit?
- Read 1 Cor. 2:6-16. How does the Holy Spirit give us power to
discern spiritual things? How can we apply this in our lives today?
- Read 1 Cor. 6:9-11. How does the Holy Spirit help us grow in
obedience (see also John 16:8)?
- Read Acts 1:8. How does the Holy Spirit give us power to witness?
Have you ever witnessed to someone? Why or why not?